Saturday, September 15, 2012

Remembering Johnny Ramone...

(October 8, 1948 – September 15, 2004)
Birth name: John William Cummings

Johnny is one of three "Ramones" who were taken from us way too soon :( On September 15, 2004, Johnny passed away at the age of 55, after a 5-year battle with prostate cancer.
 I friggin' LOVE The Ramones, and Johnny's one of my favorite guitarists... ever. Johnny ranked #16 on Rolling Stone's list of "100 Greatest Guitarists of All-Time", which I think is well-deserving. He also made Time magazine's list of "10 Greatest Electric-Guitar Players", which is also well-deserving. 

Someone seriously needs to invent a time machine, so I can go back in time and see the Ramones in concert... even just once. I honestly envy anyone and everyone who has ever seen the Ramones live in concert... even if the concerts did go by rather quickly! I also envy anyone and everyone who was lucky enough to meet Johnny... or Joey... or Dee Dee. I would've loved to have met them... *sighs*... maybe in the afterlife...

I saw this Johnny Ramone tribute on youtube, and loved it... so I'm sharing it
♥ R.I.P. Johnny ♥ 

*Johnny Ramone's grave at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles, California*
 

Peace, Love, Music, & Gabba Gabba Hey!
~Lizzy Lepp 

No comments:

Post a Comment