Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Remembering two rock legends...

September 18th is important for two reasons:

On September 18, 1951, Douglas Glenn Colvin (aka Dee Dee Ramone) was born. That might not seem like a big deal, but it is... or at least in my world it is. I love the Ramones. A lot. Their music, their attitude, their clothing style (pretty much everything) has influenced me greatly. They are definitely on my list of "inspirational people"... especially Dee Dee. I am all about the bass. Mhm, the bass guitar is my favorite musical instrument. I just love the sound of the bass, and Dee Dee is one of my all-time favorite bassists. He ranks #4 on my list. He was also a damn good lyricist/songwriter, as well. Dee Dee Ramone was just incredibly badass. "1-2-3-4!" R.I.P.

  Dee Dee would've been 61 years old today... happy birthday, Dee Dee!



On September 18, 1970, Jimi Hendrix passed away. 
 I could probably say a million things about Jimi Hendrix, but I won't. I will sum everything up with one sentence: The guy was a genius. An absolute genius. And I'm pretty sure he came from another planet. He was just out of this world. I wasn't alive during the four years of his successful greatness, but I've seen enough footage, heard enough songs, and read enough text to know that he was incredibly epic. He's the greatest guitarist of all-time. Come on. And yes, I said four years... it's hard to believe that he was only "around" for four years. The world was cheated. Jimi was cheated. He died way too young; 27 years old (he's a member of the "27 Club")... a few months shy of his 28th birthday. Such a shame... and such a tragic loss. R.I.P.


A lot of my favorite people are deceased... but I can't help it. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: I was born in the wrong damn decade. I'm big on birthdays (of both the living and the deceased), as well as deathaversaries. I'm not morbid or anything (I swear!), I just like honoring my faves...



Peace, Love, & Music,
~Lizzy Lepp 

No comments:

Post a Comment