Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announces nominees for 2013 induction

It's that time again, the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame... I mean, Fame, have announced the nominees for the 2013 induction. And once again, a few of the nominees are just downright silly... what in the hell goes through these people's minds when they discuss the nominations? 

Here's the list of the 15 nominees:

 The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
    Deep Purple
 Heart
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Albert King
 Kraftwerk
The Marvelettes
The Meters
Randy Newman
N.W.A.
Procol Harum
Public Enemy
Rush


Now, I don't want to belittle any of the bands/artists who have been nominated... but once again... WTF??? I know my opinion means jack dookie stain, but come on, now!!! A small chunk of these bands/artists SHOULD be in the Hall of Fame... actually, they should ALREADY BE in the Hall of Fame (but that's a whole 'nother blog post), and the rest I've never heard of? If you are like me, and have very little knowledge of certain nominees, click the link I've provided above... not only does it show the list of nominees, it also provides some background info on them.
My picks: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Deep Purple, Heart, Rush, and Procol Harum, and Kraftwerk.
Rush... RUSH!!! I'm not a big fan of Rush... actually, I wouldn't even call myself a "fan" of Rush, but I do like a few of their songs, and I would never deny the fact that they should be in the R&RHoF. R&RHoF, what took you so long?!?!?! Seriously, why isn't Rush already in there? And Deep Purple, a LOT of people predicted this one. You KNOW the only reason they are up for nomination, is because Jon Lord recently passed away. I truly believe that if he hadn't of passed, they wouldn't have been mentioned in the nomination discussion. I don't know why they're not already inducted, as well. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD... INDUCT JOAN JETT ALREADY!!!! Maybe then I'll be able to sleep at night... or maybe not, but inducting her and Blackhearts would surely help some. She was nominated for the first time last year, but was snubbed... if she gets snubbed again, I will seriously nerd rage. And what about The Runaways?? I think they should be considered for induction AND inducted at some point, as well.
I'm a little surprised to see Kraftwerk on this list, but not surprised in a bad way. I hope they get in. The potential induction of  Randy Newman makes me laugh, I'm not even going to lie. I like Chic, but where's Cheap Trick? I don't mind Donna Summer, but where's Def Leppard? hen again, what do I know? I'm just a 26 year old music fan who writes a blog. BUT for the first time ever, fans can officially cast their vote(s) for the 2013 inductees! You can vote for up to 5 of the nominees, and the top 5 bands will comprise the fan ballot. Fan Poll: Cast your vote!

I could go on and on about how much this establishment fails, or about the bands/artists who deserve to be inducted or should have already been inducted, but I won't. I don't feel like going into a full-blown rant right now, and I'd be beating a dead horse. I'll leave that up to Eddie Trunk! If the chunk of bands/artists on this list who truly deserve to be inducted, gets inducted, then there might be hope for the R&RHoF... key word being *might*
Hopefully one day, we'll see bands like Cheap Trick, Def Leppard, Duran Duran, INXS, The Zombies, T. Rex, The Monkees, The Smiths, and The Cure make the inductees list... as well as the many other acts who continue to be wrongfully snubbed. One day.


Peace, Love, & Music,
~Lizzy Lepp  

No comments:

Post a Comment