Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Remembering Steve Clark

Stephen Maynard Clark
(April 23, 1960 - January 8, 1991)

I hate January 8th. I really do. I didn't even want to blog about this... I usually sulk quietly. I'll say a few words, play a few songs, then sulk... quietly. Many of my music heroes/idols/inspirations are deceased... but Steve Clark... the death of Steve Clark pains me the most. It makes my heart hurt... it truly does. Today marks 22 years since he's been gone, but it still hurts. It hurt when I was 4... and still hurts at 26. This one still rattles me. I have massive love for Def Leppard (hence my blogging name)... I've loved them since I was 2 years old. Steve is my favorite guitarist of all-time.

Steamin' Steve Clark is one of the most underrated guitarists of all-time, if not the most underrated guitarist. He wasn't a technical guitarist (Phil Collen's the technical one)... Steve was the creative one. He didn't care about technical perfection, he played from the soul... he played from the heart. He always wore his guitar a few notches too low, which made people think he was sloppy. Steve Clark was not sloppy. Steve wasn't and still isn't like any other guitarist. He did his own thing. He had his own style. He was a damn good guitarist and a damn good songwriter. They didn't call him "the riffmaster" for nothin'. He was brilliant. He was crazy. He was brilliantly crazy. Steve Clark was the heart and soul of Def Leppard. 

He is greatly missed. Dearly missed. Steve, it's not the same without you :(

Rest In Peace, White Lightning
Tuneage!
 This will forever give me the chills
 They wrote this song about him...



 Peace, Love, & Music,
~Lizzy Lepp

No comments:

Post a Comment