Monday, June 18, 2012

Concert review: Scorpions / Tesla: Shoreline Amphitheatre - Mountain View, CA (June 9, 2012)

If you haven't read the Reno review yet Scorpions/Tesla concert review: Reno, NV (June 8, 2012), read it before you read this one, if you don't, you'll be lost!

TESLA PLAYED 2 MORE SONGS!!!


But I can only remember one of them... haha! Again,I would've taken a picture of their set list, but Tesla's crew people were a tad grumpier at this show. I could also say a few things about a certain Tesla member, but I won't. He isn't worth my time or rant. But I will say this: the next time you walk on stage, I hope you fall flat on your ass, buddy. The set list from memory: 
Cumin' Atcha Live
Edison's Medicine
*I Wanna Live*
Hang Tough
Heaven's Trail
Signs 
Love Song
Modern Day Cowboy
Little Suzi
Tesla had great onstage chemistry. They totally killed it, again, even though I was pissed right around the time "Heaven's Trail" came on. But I won't get into that. The crowd, however, was boring. Well, the majority of the crowd was. Tesla is playing... why are you SITTING DOWN???? Seriously, why??? You stand for Tesla... especially when they're kicking ass. You stand. Dave Rude KNEW he had the ladies (and gents) at this show. The boy was working it. WORKING IT. I still don't know what's up with their sound person, but he was a tad more alert than he was in Reno... or maybe because it was an outside venue? The vocal volume almost remained consistent... it made my ears happy. I appreciate that. But again, their set was way too short. I'd be happy with at least 12 songs. Maybe if these shows would start on time, they'd get a few extra songs in...
  
  Scorpions... did someone say SCORPIONS???
Guess what??? SAME set list as the night before. Yeah, I'm big on set lists... haha! Same songs, same order... but they had twice (if not more!) energy than they did the night before. Probably because the Shoreline crowd had more energy than the Reno crowd... they both fed off each other. Also, I think outside venues are just better? 13,000+ fans showed up that night to rock out with the Scorps... and you could feel the energy from every single one of them. 
  A LOT more people used the 4 song ballad moment to go get more beer and/or use the potty room... I can understand that, but again, their loss. You NEED to be in your seats during "Wind Of Change" and "The Best Is Yet to Come". "Send Me an Angel" and "Holiday"? Not so much... especially, "Holiday"... Scorpions, I dig you, I really do, but no. I think that's why the concert feels like it goes by so quickly. It starts off rockin'... then has the slow, drawn out, ballad moment... then redeems itself by playing "Raised on Rock" and "Tease Me, Please Me", only to be followed by that atrocious drum solo. I should probably mention that James completely went past his time on that dang thing. He totally ignored the sound/video people when they told him to wrap that crap up. He kept going, and going, and going... for freaking EVER. Dude, no. Stop. It shouldn't be more than 5 minutes, tops. I'm sorry, but it does absolutely nothing for me. It just doesn't. Everything else, however, does everything for me!
  But going back to the crowd, I liked what I saw. THAT was a rock'n'roll crowd. People were dancing/having a good time (actually dancing, and not trying to act like skanky-ass strippers), headbanging, and just genuinely rocking out without a care in the world. The Scorpions saw that, felt that, and fed off it. Kudos to everyone in attendance.
Again, if they're coming anywhere near you, GO SEE THEM. GOOOOOOO!!!!!! Freaking badass!!!

If you haven't read my previous blog, here's the set list:
Intro, Sting In The Tail, Make It Real, Is There Anybody There?, The Zoo, Coast to Coast, Loving You Sunday Morning, Wind of Change, The Best Is Yet to Come, Send Me An Angel, Holiday, Raised on Rock, Tease Me Please Me, Hit Between The Eyes, Kottak Attack (Drum solo), Black Out, Six String Sting (Matthias solo), Big City Nights, Still Loving You, No One Like You, Rock You Like a Hurricane. 



Peace, Love, & Music,
Lizzy Lepp

 P.S.- DO THEY REALLY HAVE TO RETIRE???????
  

No comments:

Post a Comment