Saturday, November 24, 2012

Long live Freddie Mercury!

On this day, 21 years ago, the world lost one of rock's greatest legends.

Don't worry, I'm not going to get all mushy with this post. I will say this, though: Freddie Mercury was the greatest frontman ever.  And he'll always be the greatest frontman ever. It doesn't get much better than Freddie. A few people might come close... close, but no cigar. His powerful vocals, his flamboyant stage persona, and his genuine enthusiasm... he was just the greatest. Legendary. One of a kind.

Whenever I complete my time machine, I am definitely going back and seeing him perform live and in the flesh. I seriously envy anyone who had the opportunity to attend a Queen show with Freddie Mercury. I know that HAD to be an incredibly epic experience. Absolutely epic. Hell, I get goosebumps and teary-eyed just from watching "Queen Rock Montreal"... it happens every time I watch it. Every time. Green with envy. And not just "Queen Rock Montreal"... all of that occurs whenever I watch any Freddie Mercury/Queen performance. The rock world music world suffered a HUGE loss when Freddie died. We need Freddie Mercury... can we please have him back? Please?


Yes, I know... the obvious choice. But "Bohemian Rhapsody" is the greatest song EVER.
I had to post this one!!! I had to!!! Haha!
The show must go on...

 Rest In Peace, Mr. Mercury. We miss you. Dearly.


Peace, Love, & Music,
~Lizzy Lepp 

No comments:

Post a Comment