Thursday, November 1, 2012

Since it's Rick Allen's birthday...

It's time to gush about how much I heart him.
It's also time to jam to some Def Leppard!!!!

  
Rick Allen, aka "The Thunder God" is 49 years old today! That only makes me feel a tad old. I've been jamming to Def Leppard since I was two years old... that would have put Rick at about 24/25 years old. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun! Ha.
Anyway, Rick Allen is at the top of my list for 'inspirational people'. Yep... he's my #1, and he always will be. He did not let losing an arm stop him from being a drummer. His determination, drive and persistence, helped him get back behind his drum kit. In fact, all of that was responsible for him putting together the idea of building his electronic drum kit. What his missing left arm lacks, his feet make up for. 

To me, Rick Allen just screams motivation.

He could have given up so easily, but he didn't. He didn't back down. He fought the fight and refused to lose.  
That's inspiring.


His charitable work should also be noted. Rick Allen does so much for people. With his Raven Drum Foundation and the work he does with the Wounded Warrior Project... Rick is just absolutely amazing. And he does so much more. So full of love. And absolutely self-less. I just love him. (I should also probably mention that Rick was recently chosen as a recipient of a Wounded Warrior Project 'Carry Forward Award'!)

  
Some Leppard tunes? Yes, yes! I could over board with this, but I won't. I'll just post five of my many faves
  Okay, I lied... haha! 6 songs...


There ya have it! I have massive love for Rick Allen. Mhm. Massive love!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICK!!!!
(Scott Gries, Getty Images)



Peace, Love, & Music,
~Lizzy Lepp 

No comments:

Post a Comment